RonM wrote:
> 38958
>
> Of late I have migrated towards minimalist but good quality drives. I
> like these ones, and similar, from Kingston, which have no outer housing
> and the entire working end plugs into the port. They come in different
> form factors, as illustrated, and there is at least one that is smaller
> yet. Small and easily misplaced, though, take care. These ones are 64gb
> on the left, and 32gb. They are usually among the most expensive for the
> size - although these days storage cost, including flash drives, is
> seldom high enough to warrant differentiation on that basis.
>
> R.

I was looking at those just recently, thanks for the recommendation. No
activity led though I'm guessing?

Redrum wrote:

> My use case is different than yours. If I had a little LED flashing in
> my truck it would drive me nuts!

Sorry, I never replied to your post from awhile back - yes I can see why
an LED in that case would be annoying! By the way, if you look close in
my drawer organizer pic, you can see I have one of those small Sandisk
sticks, it's an 8GB and I bought it on December 12, 2011 according to my
Amazon history. I bought it specifically to use in my... yep, Blaupunkt
car stereo. Sold the car and the stereo with it not long after. I
remember that stereo was weird in that it played the tracks in the order
they were written to the stick, so if you dragged and dropped (I was
using windows at the time) they sometimes played back out of the
expected track order. Robocopy was the solution.