Man in a van wrote:
> I woke up really early today and could not get back to sleep :confused:
>
> Popped the heating on and got up about 3.30 am
>
> A Paddington toast and marmalade with an instant nescafe and I was
> looking for something to do :(
>
> Several hours later;
>
> I have a working Raspberry PI OS Bullseye 32bit Lite OS, running LMS
> v8.3.1, Squeezelite, Raspotify into my Topping DX3 Pro.
>
> I used 'Gerrelt's scripts'
> (http://www.gerrelt.nl/RaspberryPi/wordpress/tutorial-installing-squeezelite-player-on-raspbian/)
> to run Squeezelite (which I may change to a plain system.service)
>
> Thanks to -*slarti*-, -*ralphy*- and -*clivem*- I popped an addition
> into the OS udev folder (sudo nano etc/udev/rules.d/99-com.rules)
>
> 'https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/issues/114
> ' (https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezelite/issues/114)
> and rebooted.
>
> I can now press pause, or the green power button, and the dac goes into
> standby :)
>
> For myself, I would just select an unused dac input using the remote :p
>
> -*@kitus*-, next time you are out for a bottle of milk, please rember a
> loaf!!:)
>
> ronnie

HAHAHAH I will try to remember that!

@ronnie, my biggest issue is not DAC standby. What really pisses me off
is what I posted in my last message:

Code:
--------------------
    a few hours or minutes since I have stopped playing music with LMS + pCP)
Squeezelite believes it is actually doing so, but in reality no sound comes
through the speakers, unless I manually restart squeezelite every time I want
to listen to some music. Restarting pCP is not that convenient when you are not
in front of a computer, and it is a mood killer.
--------------------

I really have not figure out what pattern triggers that behaviour; in
other words, I'm not sure if it the triggering condition is, any idle
time beyond 17min and 52sec (or you name it) will get my setup into this
deadlock or what. What I can say is that this behaviour is consistent
across the previous Topping that I tested (E50) or my current D90, or
even with the built-in DAC inside my Cambridge Amplifier. And I'm very
surprised this is not something other people experience, but it is very
annoying.

Yesterday I gave a new try to 'usbconnectd'
(https://github.com/uudruid74/picoreplayer-usbconnectd/blob/main/usbconnectd).
My coding skills are terrible, but I came to understand that I could
change the behaviour of this script so that it is a bit more aggressive.
I have connected the DAC now into the same smart powerstrip that
provides power to my amplifier, which means that the DAC is mostly
powered off and I only power it on when I'm about to listen to music. If
I get usbconnectd to consistently kill squeezelite when my RPI "sees" my
DAC, I will have managed to solve the most annoying thing that I have
now on my list.

But again, I'm surprised this only happens to me. I can't think about
other potential combinations that can be the culprit in my case, as I
have seen people in here using RPI 3B+, so I'm ruling out this
particular flavour of RPI being responsible for this.

I hope somebody hears my desperate cry for help!