Jim Wrote:
> It's great the initiative ceejay started, but on some pages I can see an
> issue where some things are going to be changed, then reverted back and
> then changed again depending on what people think.  I've left a dirty
> great comment on a page because I don't know where else to leave it.
>
> Whilst it's great to be able to do this, sometimes it would be nice
> being able to flag things that need changing, or discussing changes
> before they happen.
>
> Now, do we create a comments page "Wikipedia style" or have a forum
> thread/section for this?
>
> Ideas?

Not sure if I've missed something, but I can't see your "dirty great
comment" anywhere ... perhaps someone has already deleted it!! ? :-)
(Actually I think not because the last changed stamps don't show a
change?)

I agree about the potential for infinite circular change, especially on
some of the religious-war subjects such as EAC vs CDex vs whatever.
Isn't the wiki principle that you're supposed to just let this happen
and that a sensible group of people will eventually converge - if not
to a single answer then at least to a reasonable statement of the
alternatives?

Otherwise I'd suggest, if you see controversy coming or discussion
required:

(1) as a principle lets try to remember that this is a beginners guide,
so we don't need to go into all the fine detail, and we probably don't
to be putting people off too  much

(2) as a first step, post in the forums.  How about just tacking on the
end of my original "ANNOUNCE" message?  We can debate stuff there.

(3) If you feel really strongly about something and you haven't got
consensus here yet, create your own "Personal View" page and link to
it.

As a develoment of the latter idea, I think there is quite a lot of
mileage in "ThisIsHowIDoIt" pages - if someone has worked out their own
way of doing something, expound it in detail in a separate page.  Seeing
a few of those from different people might be very helpful for a
beginner.

Thanks again for joining in!

Ceejay

--