Just figured out that my ssh tunnel works fine when both the client and
server are inside the firewall at home. I guess the linksys
firewall/router is doing something funny. Even though I can ssh to the
slimserver/linux box from outside the firewall - for some reason then I
come through the firewall the handshake between softsqueeze and the
slimserver does not seem to work out.

BTW, I can see from /var/messages that the intial ssh login goes OK -
something goes wrong after that...

I'm using a sshd that is on the same server as the slimserver. So when
I do this from inside the firewall I can see that the IP of the
slimserver player is 127.0.0.1.

I looked at the slimserver settings - but I am not blocking access from
anywhere.

Darn... not sure how to fix this - would be interesting to swap in a
different firewall/router. I never have liked the linksys stuff I've
gotten - always had better luck with netgear stuff...

Kevin

--
kkitts