I understand that organizing music files solely by directory structure
is awkward.  Right now, I'm exploring the possibilities.

> (2) Scaling - ... but I'm not seeing any signs of scaling
>  problems in usability.
> If I know what I want (a particular symphony)
> I can go straight to the various choices and pick one.

Well, my usual situation is that I know what I want but it takes way
too lomng to get there with the SB and remote.

> If I don't know what I want, I can browse in various ways
> (admittedly not conductor or band yet!!). I find I use the
> browse by Genre a lot, especially now I've carefully set up
>  multiple genres on all my classical music.

Multiple classical music genres will help me but I'll still be left
with 100 plus Beethoven symphony performances, 100 plus Mozart
Concerti, 150 plus Haydn Symphonies or 70 plus Haydn string quartets
when I get to the stage where I'm browsing albums.

> (3) Tag program recommendation - see the
> BeginnersGuideToTagging!

I looked at all three programs recommended.  I understand that
Composer, Conductor, etc. aren't useful right now but if the browsing
facilities in SS are extended, they will be useful.

mp3Tag - doesn't display Composer or Conductor in the main list or
those properties in te left pane.  It does show all the tags if you
click on View/Tags.  Hard to use it tofix problems though.

Tag&Rename - supports coomposer, conductor and orchestra as far as I
can tell.  For some reason, composer isn't listed as one of the %n
values you can use for file <-> tag operations.

Godfather - seems to support composer but not conductor or orchestra.

I think recommending a tagging program that supports all the tags we
want to browse is important.  That's why I raised the issue.

Bill

--
Listener