gorstk Wrote:
> gorstk wrote:
>
> Would you confirm that when you go to slimserver web interface -->
> server settings -->network --> xpl settings --> infrared
> processing is set as buttons?
>
> Would you also confirm that you are trying the above with the
> squeezebox
> turned off (it says so in the log actually power=off).
>
> This is exactly the response I get when I have infrared processing set
>
> as buttons and have the squeezebox off. If you switch it on however it
>
> then sends out keys=numberscroll_1 (or 2 or 3) instead of keys=dead.
>
> I am not sure if this behaviour has changed in recent builds - but I
> doubt it as the xpl and infrared code has probably not changed for a
> long time! Edit: looking at the example script on the xplhal website it
>
> states that it only runs when the player is swtiched off - so this is a
>
> new behaviour? Any one any idea when/why this was introduced?
>
> I would suggest editing the infrared processing option and set it as
> "both".
>
> This means every time you press a infrared button the 'code' for that
> button is sent via xpl regardless of whether the squeezebox is on or
> off
> and it recognises /any/ remote (alomost).
>
> For example when I press '1' I get the output (even if the squeezebox
> is
> on or off)
> zone=slimserver
> device=Lounge
> keys=7689f00f
> power=on
>
> for 2... keys=768908f7
> for 3....keys=76898877
>
> Therefore in your script in xplhal you can change the following (copy
> and pasted from the xplproject website)
>

> if lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) = "7689f00f" Then
>
> ElseIf lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) = "768908f7" and
>
> ElseIf lcase(xpl.getparam(XplMsg,"keys",true)) = "76898877" and
>
> Basically numberscroll_x has been changed to the corresponging 'code'
> as
> above. You can check the appropriate code for the remote control button
>
> yo want to use by looking in the xplmonitor whilst pressing the button
>
> as you did earlier.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Please post back if you have any queries.
> It may be worth informing the maintainer of xplproject.org that they
> need to change their 'how-to' on this subject if you have success with
> this.

FANTSTIC gorstk!!!!!
Thank you very much!!!!!

Changing the script with the 'new keys' (7689f00f, 768908f7, 76898877)
after setting it in Slimserver to 'both' was the big secret.

Thank you again!

I'm not really sure,
at what time the squeezebox is turned off ...
After starting the server SB shows me a display with the date/time,
pressing the power button means the display shows me the menu ' now
running' pressing again means it shows me the date/time display. Now,
the SB is off, I think ... Isn't it???

Now, I have to find out, how I can bring the server into the standby
modus instead of shutting down/power off ...

--
Toby