On 12/9/05, Ben Sandee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It's not the jack itself -- it's what plugs into that's bright green.  Like I said, I have powered speakers with a 1/8" headphone jack -- the plug is bright neon green (that seems to be some sort of standard color for output) and it looks much better coming out the back, hidden.  I realize that *some* people actually use the headphone jack for headphones, but it just goes to show that you can't please everyone, all of the time. :-)

Ben

that's a computer audio convention and lots of HTPC kit suffers from it - a lovely machined metal front plate with little green and pink connecters on the lower edge.  Theres still a little way to go on the convergence front!