I have stopped using my Tivo to play MP3s now that I have a Squeezebox.
The Squeezebox sounds better than the Tivo, but an even more important
difference is in the interface.  It's a real pain drilling down through
Tivo's screens to get to the music I want to hear.  And, as Derek said,
being able to create playlists on the fly is another difference.  It's
easy to queue up several albums to play one after the other. With the
Tivo you'd have to go to the computer to create a playlist.  I never
have to go to the computer to use my Squeezebox.

With the Squeezebox, after a few quick button presses on the remote I'm
all set.  I'm getting another Squeezebox to use in the room where I have
the Tivo.  Between the Squeezebox and the Comcast DVR, my Tivos don't
get much use any more (in fact, I disconnected one of them last week).

--
mattg