On Dec 14, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Steve Baumgarten wrote:
I'm not generally a Flash proponent, but anyone with misgivings about Flash should try:

http://www.pandora.com

In addition to being a very cool new music streaming service (based on the Music Genome Project), the user interface is superb. Perhaps something as smooth, fluid and elegant could be achieved using AJAX; regardless, it's a good example of what Flash can do when used correctly and when the goal is to provide the best user experience possible rather than to cram the most unneeded animation possible into a web page (which sadly is how it is most often used).
I understand that it was built using the (extremely cool) OpenLazlo flash technology:

<http://www.laszlosystems.com/>