I have the Sprint Treo 650 with pTunes installed. I simply use pTunes on
the Treo as my player and use the Handheld browser interface.  When I'm
connected to my home network via Bluetooth I can stream any bit rate
through my phone.  When connected through the Sprint network I can only
get 64bit (sometimes 128) streams to play. Either way, its been nice to
plug my phone in to any friends home stereo and have access to all my
music. I've also messed with my roommate before by turning on music
while hes at home by selecting the appropriate player with my phone. ;)

--
hashref