I'm just a bit nervous that's all! I've found the latest builds of
Slimserver to be a bit erratic. 6.1 was great, but 6.2 often stops
responding, or dies altogether (running on RedHat Enterprise Linux).
When this happens my SB1 used to say "cannot connect, press right to
try again" etc.

I'm waiting for the day when this happens, and I then have to jump
through the same hoops again to get it to work.

Touch wood, it has worked fine for the last three hours.Bt there's
still lots of unanswered questions:

1) Why does it allocate itself a 169.254 address?
2) Why does the Player Info option on the player show Squeezebox2?
3) Why won't it work when I choose the "offered" SSID? I have to
manually keye the SSID myself (the same as was offered).
4) Why won't it work with SSID broadcast off?
5) Why does it take 19 seconds to connect to Slimserver, when SB1 took
a maximum of 3 seconds?

etc. etc.

Definitely a downturn in quality from Slim, in my humble opinion. SB1
was rock solid and very stable, and I thought I'd treat myself to a
shiny new SB3. Big mistake.

I'll levae it all running overnight and see if it's still playing in
the morning!

Jim

--
jimwillsher