jonheal wrote:

This "white noise" issue has occurred so infrequently, I'm wondering if
it is an established fact that the SB3's Preamp Volume Control will
indeed limit the noise level if this problem occurs?

Hard to know. Would need to be able to test. As this isn't yet a reproducible condition, it remains unknown.

Given that when this condition occurs the SB output stage is completely sideways, I'd guess that the attenuation is probably is not functioning at this point. I wouldn't want to bet my speakers on it anyway.

--rt