Is it really that likely that the file would become corrupted just sitting there in the filesystem?  If so, what would cause that?  I'd figure disk failure would cause large problems than an occasional corrupted file.

I think all of my FLAC files were encoded with 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 -- I had thought both were stable levels, although of course I could be mistaken.