Ultramog Wrote:
> Well I clearly don't know what I'm doing here. I opened terminal and
> entered "ln -s /Volumes/ION/Slim" which is the path to music on my
> external drive. Terminal did not complain. Do I need to do anything
> else to get my Slim music folder to see the symlink?

If you were in your slim music folder when you entered the command then
you're fine. You should now have a symbolic link called "Slim" in that
directory. But if you were in some other directory then the symbolic
link was created right there. Remove the unwanted link with this
command: rm Slim
Create the symbolic link by either changing to your slim music
directory first and then entering the command "ln -s /Volumes/ION/Slim"
or by entering the following command anywhere in your directory tree:
"ln -s /Volumes/ION/Slim <path_to_your_music_folder>" (replace
<path_to_your_music_folder> with the actual path eg. /media/music/).

Enter "ln --help" to get the complete syntax of the ln command.

-s.

--
slimpy