Fifer Wrote:
> Dom,I know how frustrating it can be when you buy a faulty product,
> especially when it's possibly your first experience with the company
> concerned, but might I suggest that you reserve judgement until you see
> how SD support your issues? I'm a UK customer on my second product and
> I've found the hardware quality to be excellent, the Slimserver
> software to be much more stable and capable than most commercial
> offerings  but, above all, the customer support to be unparalleled.
> Many companies (much larger than SD) have teething problems with new
> product hardware, but few support customers with issues as well as Sean
> and co.

Sure, and dont get me wrong because i love the squeezebox, in principle
at least. I got a personal email from SD within hours saying sorry and
that they would help me get a replacement if i had any problems getting
a replacement sorted from Scan. So yeah, from a customer services point
of view, im very happy so far. And being a first gen product, things
can go wrong with the first batch (look at the xbox360 and PSP for
example). Just venting my frustration at my faulty xmas pressent
really, im sure it will all be sorted.

--
dangerous_dom