JJZolx Wrote:
> Wireless works absolutely perfectly for me with both of my SB2s and also
> worked with my SB1.  Recently while setting up the newer SB2, I had an
> error in the WPA key.  That's where the confusion was.  The lack of an
> error message had me fiddling with the DHCP server and looking
> elsewhere for a problem.

I don't know the layers of 802.11g well enough to know if this is
actually the case (though it would make sense).  If there is no, "Yes,
that's the key, thanks have a nice day" sort of mechanism, the
Squeezebox (or any other wireless client) has no way of knowing whether
it got the key right at all.

It's not like a wired lan where there's a carrier signal that can be
verified... it's "Okay, I sent a DHCP request, encrypted with the key
you gave me, but I didn't get a response..."  Which could
mean either the key was bad (and the router spit it out because it
couldn't decrypt it) or that the DHCP server is down.

It's 1:30am here, so don't know if that explanation is clear...

It's my bet (someone with more details on 802.11g may be able to
confirm or deny this theory) that the protocols just don't allow a real
"yes, I'm on the net, but with the wrong key" sort of error.

--
snarlydwarf