It isn't surprising that, if there is a performance problem, the SLiMP3s
show it first - they have the smallest buffer. Not that that's any
consolation to the person who's having the problem, but that's a
factor.

Tourne: you mentioned you're running 6.2.1 and iTunes. I believe I saw
about a week ago a posting that the (then) most recent versions of
6.2.2 had some patches for iTunes performance issues. You might try
upgrading to a recent nightly version. If you go to this page:
http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html
and install the 6.2.2 version, you may see your performance problem
improve. If not, come back and tell us about it.

martinfowler: you said you're running 6.2.2 but 5427. I'd say more or
less the same advice - get a more current copy of 6.2.2. They've made a
number of performance mods in the last 2 weeks or so (I have 5440 at
home and it's over a week old I think). Then if you're still seeing the
problem, go to the network health screen and tell us what you see there.
Triode is an expert on that screen and can help a lot.

Good luck, gents.

--
Michaelwagner