Hi everyone, I have two Squeezeboxes on the way next week, and I'm
pumped ... I'm also looking into external HD options.  An interesting
product I saw in Gizmodo earlier this week is called the GLAN Tank -
soon to be available in Asia.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/pcs/glan-tank-media-server-145446.php

It comes with Debian Linux along with built-in support for iTunes
streaming, so I imagine it'll work with the Linux version of
Slimserver.

On another note, does a NAS device take any strain off the Slimserver
computer, or is there no difference at all? Trying to decide if I
should purchase an internal HD for less money or is an external HD
worth it since there are fewer "hops" on the network?  Thanks!

--
kitecarl