The guys over at AVS Forum have been raving about the
Panasonic SA-XR receivers for over a year now.

They are small, they don't produce much heat, they
have digital inputs and they are affordable.  Plus
they will have the volume control you will need, and a
remote control for convenience purposes.

Yes, I know, "Panasonic", but most of the guys over
there are convinced this is what started the "digital
amp" revolution.

Apparently the "digital" amp description is not
totally accurate, but it does not use conventional
DACs - the digital signal is amplified and the analog
signal is synthesized directly on the speaker outputs
terminals.

I'm considering an SA-XR30 for a second SB2/3.

--- jmhayes