Dan: thanks for your help.

The nightlies after 12-31 fixed this, with one
minor remaining issue for me, cosmetic at this point.

The summary above the (accurate) listing is
inaccurate.  When trying to locate one song, it's
listed correctly when locating by artist:

"1 album with 1 song by 1 artist."

but if I then click on the "No Album" link all the
  "No Album" entries get grouped together in the
summary line:

"1 album with 923 songs by 361 artists."

The clickable link below is accurate (i.e. NOT
showing the 923 songs, but only the 1 song), so it
is now fully functional.

--

  Mark Lanctot