This is more of a computer question, but:

- go to Start - Settings - Control Panel - Network
Connections

- click on either your "Local Area Connection"
(for a wired NIC) or your "Wireless Network
Connection" (for a wireless NIC - the name may be
different as I'm not on a wireless PC right now)

- click on Properties

- in the "This client uses the following items:"
list, locate "File and Printer Sharing for
Microsoft Networks"

- if it's not there, add it by pressing "Install"
- "Service".  You may need your Windows XP CD to
install it.

- once you have it in the list, click the check
box and press "OK" at the bottom

Now you should see all your file sharing options.

ntom wrote:
> Finally up & running with SB3 + Belkin wifi
router....sound great.

> Few teething probs though...
>
> File sharing:  have old recently upgraded PIII in
attic with XP &
> cannot find the 'use simple file sraing option'  -it
is not in the
> folder options view menu?  Why would thid be the
case?

> On my main m/c also XP, where I have music files in
My Music there is
> no sharing tab when I look at the folder properties
despite simple file
> sharing being enabled.  I can however turn sharing
on if I navigate to

--

  Mark Lanctot, [EMAIL PROTECTED]