Recently upgraded to 6.2.2 from 5.4.1 after discovering my "Perl
Interpreter Failed" problems on W2K were the result of playlists which
contained invalid entries (non-existent paths).  That solved, I've been
happily using the new version, which seems quite stable by the way, but
recently noticed my library contains roughly twice the number of tracks
that it should.  Browsing Artists reveals that indeed, each track is
duplicated.  I've verified that my playlist folder is not the same as
the music folder, there are no playlists in the music folder or music
files in the playlist folder, and I'm not using iTunes.  I do create
gobs of M3U files in the playlist folder.  This is done through
scripting and these have the same base path as the music folder so I've
been operating under the assumption that this would not result in
duplicate tracks (fyi... worked fine under 5.4.1).

The duplicate track details look something like this...

My Song, \\Server\Music\artist\album\mysong.wma
My Song, \\server\music\artist\album\mysong.wma

Note the paths are identical except the case of the share name.  I've
confirmed that the playlists are generating lowercase paths while
SlimServer apparently obtains whatever casing is contained in the
shortcuts located in the music folder.  Despite entering the path all
lowercase, once applied, the shortcuts are stored as mixed-case (this
must be a function of the OS as it verifies the shortcut prior to
save).

Perhaps I can work around this by changing my playlist generator to the
same mixed-case as the music folder path, or by somehow forcing the
music folder share to lowercase (which would then be picked up by the
shortcut).  In either case, this seems like a kludge.  Should physical
paths within the SlimServer DB be case sensitive?  Is this by design,
or a bug?

--
bishopdonmiguel