First I've got to say this sounds amazingly cool -
controlling both a Squeezebox and a receiver
through SlimServer.  And you could have the
receiver connected to the network using the
Squeezebox wireless bridging feature!

While the operation would be through a fairly
simple parser, the GUI would be extensive - just
think of how many on-screen buttons it would have
to have.

Certainly sounds interesting though.  Too bad I
don't have one of these or the skills to write a
plugin...

It would be great if AVR manufacturers moved away
from the old serial and even USB ports and put in
network ports instead.

Bruce Hartley wrote:
> Just got myself a Denon AVR-4306, one of it's novel
features is a
> network connection.
>
> There is a web interface that allows you to control
the amp.

> My thinking is to investigate the network control
protocol, then

--

  Mark Lanctot