Having just had an 'accident' I've restored my SlimServer program
directory but am having to re-scan my music tracks to rebuild the
database. The reason for that is that Slimserver runs 24/7 and
SecondCopy (a Windows back-up program) says it can't back-up the
database file as it in use.

Are there command lines I can use to tell SlimServer to shut down and
restart that I can set up in Windows Scheduler? If I can do that I can
schedule the back-up as well.

SecondCopy does actually have an option to try to ignore whether a file
is in use but when I set that SlimServer stops whenever the back-up
kicks in and doesn't restart.

Thanks.

(Be nice if Slimserver contained an option to backup the database to a
specified directory at a specified time)

Kevin