Please ignore my previous post! John Hernandez had it right - mpt3tag
can now do exactly what you want, with Regular Expressions. Its only a
little bit tricky.

You need to create a custom action, discussed here:

http://www.anytag.de/forums/index.php?showtopic=980

To create the new action, press the "Actions" button (looks like AB).

Top button on the right creates a new configuration.

Give it a name (eg "add quiet to genre")

top button on the right creates a new action item.

Select action type - "replace with regular expression"

Specify field (Genre) and Expression and Replace; I tried:
Genre
^(.*)$
$1;Quiet

... and it seems to do exactly what you asked for!

I love this forum, I learn something new every day...

Ceejay.

--
ceejay