Now that the server is back up....

Let's not forget the ideal behind SlimDevices and the sqeezebox. The
idea is to have a headless server somewhere and not have all your music
on a device with a display. Those are called "mp3 players" (sarcasm).

With that in mind, setup a Windows box with RDP/VNC or a linux box with
SSH (easier in my opinion) and set the BIOS to "halt on no errors" so it
always boots up completely.

To answer somebody's question, I didn't test my Slug before I clocked
it where it's supposed to be and lack any skills to solder it back to
133Mhz.

Mini-ITX would offer better through put than the NSLU2 simply due to
the onboard controller. External hard drives attached would probably
funtion at nearly the same speeds. You get a much faster CPU and more
RAM with miniITX solutions.

For US and probably Canada I recommend logicsupply.com. For UK and
others on the other side of the Atlantic go with mini-itx.com

--
notanatheist