Colin

Many thanks for your response and sorry could not come back earlier but
the slim server site was down.

I have a question you mentioned that AE1 does not require the server
software to be installed on the PC/Nas so how does it know which mp3 to
look for that's interesting.

The downside of the AE1 is its a small company and they are more into
speakers rather than technology as regards to reciva its their first
project. I don't like the idea of sending the url to reciva and then
wait to be loaded until they have time. IF there is a mistake or the
url is not correct you have a problem. Another thing that can happen is
a year down the line and reciva may say i want 20$ if you want to listen
to say world asia just like the company world space they did the same
few years ago and i wasted my money on their sat Radio.

Another problem is i don't know if the AE1 is UPNP compliant i bought
the creative lab's wifi media and was told loads of things including
UPNP, but it can't work with any UPNP servers so which part of it is
UPNP i am lost. Now creative doesn't want to enhance or support the
product because of likes of SB3 etc. so once again i am stuck.

If AE1 went under we will both be at a loss but if SB3 went under we
still have Tversity server software which works(i am being told haven't
seen it yet)with SB3. So if anyone is using SB3 with third party UPNP
server software it would be interesting to know?

Once again many thanks for your input

Ash

--
Ash58