Mark Lanctot Wrote:

> The issues with SqueezeNetwork are another story.
> Only Slim knows how scalable it is.  Obviously
> it's costing money - servers aren't free, nor is
> bandwidth!  The breaking point will come when they
> are forced to start charging for the service.  Now
> I like SqueezeNetwork, but if that were to happen
> I'd just get all my Internet radio through
> SlimServer.  I suspect a lot of others might as
> well.  Personally, I don't see much value in
> moving SqueezeNetwork functionality to the
> Squeezebox firmware, even if it keeps the service
> free, since I can just do this in SlimServer.  I'd
> rather not pay for increased Squeezebox processor
> power just for that.

What if the basic SqeezeNetwork as it stands were to remain free
(perhaps will a few more features) but also had a premium service that
was charged for? obviously this wouldn't appeal to everyone, but if the
features were compelling enough may mean that some people would buy SBs
just for the SN and wouldn't need to run any type of server at all.
This would be a very good revenue stream for SlimDevices i think.

Something to think about at least.

--
funkstar