> Get yourself HP e-Vectra Pentium III PC on eBay for less than $100
> can such an old pc have problems with hard disk larger than 127 Mb?

According to posts on HP forums, you can put in hard drive bigger than 137GB, but only 137GB will be visible to the OS.
I do not know if you can get any software accelerator to go beyond that.

I have 80GB hard drive in my e-Vectra and it works great.

e-Vectra has no PCI slot and the IDE controller only supports one hard drive.
So, if you have a very large music collection, e-Vectra might not be the best option for you.

Cheers,