Michaelwagner Wrote:

> Has anyone any experience using HP iPAQs for this?
>
> If so, how well do they work? Any gotchas, things (or models) to
> avoid?

I have an HP iPaq which I use occasionally for controlling slimserver.
I use it with the "handheld" skin and it works pretty well.

Having said that, I don't find I use it very much in practice - the
normal remote does most of what I want.

Gotchas? Well, most PDAs are I think "b" wireless, so will slow down
your "g" network if that's what you have (my solution - two WAPs).

Also, I found the Windows2003 utilities to set up networks unbelievably
clunky and frustrating to use, though once set up it does now just
work.

Ceejay.

--
ceejay