on 2006-01-24 12:15 joek said the following:
The tests I've done show that MMM is friendly to the mp3 file when placing information in the tag. I was succussfully able to remove the
MMM tag informaton from the mp3 file and it was no different from
the original.

I had problems with multiple tags in Ogg Vorbis, which I believe was down to MMM. If I had, for example, two ARTIST tags, after writing MMM data to the file I had just one. (I'm fairly sure nothing else touched the tags, and the affected tag names always appeared first in each file, followed by MMM data, followed by other tags.)

MMM may have fixed this problem; I reported it to them last year but I don't know if they reproduced it. To be sure, I'd recommend running the tests again with multiple values -- but I think with mp3 you can't do that anyway, so you may have no worries. I didn't run such tests beforehand and, 10,000 tracks later (some percentage of which may have had multi-value tags, but I don't know which ones) I wish I had!

--
Steve Tregidgo