Quoting mondelicious <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

This is a mac question.

To be clear, I am looking for a method to restart the slimserver
process, not the server it's running on. The machine is running just
fine, apache is not having any problems. It is just slimserver that
dies. I would love to hear of alternatives to hitting the start button
in the prefPane, ones that I could accomplish remotely via ssh.

you could always run slimserver.pl from the prefPane contents manually.

It would also be useful to post a log of the crash, so that devs can help by making it crash less :)

-kdf