WisteriaVillage Wrote:
> I seriously think this issue should be listed in FAQ section, why isn't
> it?  D-Link routers are widely used so why wouldn't you highlight this
> potential setup problem to D-Link users?

I think you will find the issue highlighted in the "router status"
pages on the wiki.  As I understand it - the main FAQs are more to help
people decide if the Squeezebox is for them and provide more general
info.

Oh, and it's not just D-Link routers by the way - TurboG or Speedboost
(or whatever each manufacturer wants to call it) mode does lots of
things like try and vary the rate and size of packets, as well as put
them in a different order from the way they are sent.  And each
manufacturer does it in a different way (and differently between models
from the same manufacturer).

That's why it's so hard to design a  one size fits all firmware.  What
works for D-Link, may not work for Belkin and so on.

Glad you got yours working though.  If it's any consolation, I spent
most of a day getting a new Belkin router to work (precisely the same
set up as worked flawlessly with my old D-Link 624+).  Turned out that
the DCHP is pretty flakey and will only really deal with static IP from
both Slimserver and music source.  I also wouldn't have got there
without help from others here.

--
Siduhe