Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> I don't know about debug flags, but you could check slimserver.log
> (/tmp/slimserver.log on my installation), for a basic error message.
Thanks for the pointer. I found slimserver.log in /var/log on my
system, and the error message was:

install_driver(mysql) failed: Can't locate DBD/mysql.pm in @INC
[followed by more details about @INC]

I searched for this file and it's simply nowhere on my system. So
clearly it wasn't installed along with Slimserver. I'm currently
running version 6.0.2 - was MySQL support added in a later version?

Patrick Dixon Wrote:
> AFAIK, slimserver runs with user 'slimserver' - the 'er' may be trucated
> somewhere on your display.
I'm pretty sure the user on my system is 'slimserv' - that's how it
appears in /etc/passwd. And just to make sure usernames weren't being
truncated to 8 characters on display, I created another user called
'testlongname', and it was included to full length in /etc/passwd.
(Presumably there are some peculiarities with the FreeBSD version).

--
cliveb