Not having an Onkyo remote I can't say.  But make
sure the JVC DVD player remote codes are being
used through SlimServer by going to Player
Settings - Remote and making sure the jvc_dvd box
is checked.  However, this is its default setting,
so that may not help.

Does the remote have a learning capability?
That's the only other option and one that I had to
use for my Marantz RC1400 (incidentally, it's not
because the code wouldn't work, it's because the
DVD player input was already being used and that
manufacturer code could not be applied to other
inputs).

Charles Stanton wrote:
> Hi - I am trying to program a third party remote
(onkyo) to use to
> control basic functions of the SB remtoe.   I have
tried the JVC DVD
> code 0623 and the Squeezebox code 0533 and neither
work. Can anyone tell
> me if these are the correct codes? i have only seen
them referenced in
> other posts but could not find them in the faq or
other documentation.

>  I have checked player settings and both these
remotes are checked under
> the 'remote' section.    I am using 6.2.1 with the
latest
> Squuezebox.     Any suggestions? Thanks!

  Mark Lanctot