John Hernandez wrote:

Thanks Richard!  I have it working on Linux using OpenSSH tunnels.  It's
very lightweight, and I appreciate that.
That's ok, thanks for the feedback.

Question: When you say it does not support "high quality mp3 playback",
do you mean that there's a bitrate limitation on the mp3 files it can
play without clipping, or that clipping may be present regardless of the
source file bitrate?  For what it's worth, it sounds fine to me (using
LAME '--preset standard' files).
The output from the mad decoder is in 32 bits, at the moment this is rounded, clipped and scaled down to 16 bits. It's recommended to use "dithering or noise shaping" for this, but this is still on the todo list. It sounds fine to me too ;)

Richard