jazzfan wrote:
>   Finding that Mac actually has Linux under its hood, and
> that I have always liked their interface, I bought a Mac mini.  I am
> extremely pleased.

It is not technically correct to say it is Linux.
It is a Unix/*nix, but the Mac OS-X is son of NextStep
which is BSD based. Linux is a separate development, from
different sources. But to nearly all users, all *nix operating
systems look and work alike.

> Does Slim Server  run on top of Apache on my mini?

the SlimServer is not connected to Apache in the standard
installs. That is one of the reasons it uses a separate
port (:9000) for the UI.

--
Pat
http://www.pfarrell.com/music/slimserver/slimsoftware.html