kdf Wrote:
> As an alternative to the fwd/rew buttons, you may want to try the song
> scanner plugin.

Thanks for the info, KDF, I've installed Songscanner and I'll try and
create this "custom map" thing you mentioned.

However, I still can't believe how impractical the ordinary rewind and
fast-forward functions are on the SB3.  At the very least, a listener
should be able to get the player to go back to "play" mode by pressing
the button that is the opposite of what they were doing - so if you
were rewinding, rather than having to cycle through a dozen different
speeds before you can get back to "play", you just hit "fast-forward"
once and the track starts playing.  It seems so simple, so intuitive..
and yet it's not available.  Instead, if you were to press fast-forward
while rewinding, the SB3 would start fast-forwarding, and then you'd
have the same problem all over again.  This by far is the most
frustrating problem I've encountered using the SB3 - probably because I
run into it all the time.

Is there any way this can be remedied in the next firmware update?

Chris

--
benthos