This thread is fine, although you should also put
your conclusions in the wiki I linked to in order
to help others.

I tried the SMC2804WBRP-G with firmware 29 and an
SB2 - no joy.  It sees the SSID, can't connect.
However I didn't reset to defaults on the SB2, so
it was perhaps not a good test.  I'd be interested
to see what results you get.  The SMC's wireless
strength blows the Linksys WRT54G out of the
water, it has a better firewall and its print
server is nice too.

timwo wrote:
> Build 6.2.2 and firmware 29 fixed my problem!  I can
now connect
> wirelessly.  Unlike build 28, the SB3 obtained an IP
address
> automatically and found my Slim Server immediately.
>
> I'm using an SMC7004AWBR wireless router.  At the
moment, encryption is
> turned off - I'll play around with that later today.
 I also have an SMC
> barricade G (SMC2804WBRP-G) that I will try to work
with.  Is there a
> place (other than this thread) where I should post
my testing results?

--

  Mark Lanctot