I use Sync all the time for no real reason.  (I have the same music
playing at work as I do at home... I don't know why.. because I can?)

kdf, since you know the code far better than I.. do you know any reason
that Sync.pm can't have the "Slim::Player::Source::gototime($client,
$offset, 1)" line inserted in it?  That seems to be the key to
GrabPlaylist's ability to move a song mid-track?

Yes, things may be a bit out of sync to start with, but they'll resync
on the next track.  Or make it an option to allow mid-track syncing.

--
snarlydwarf