If you can play WAV without issues, you can
definitely play FLAC.

WAV = 1440 kbps (off a CD), with overhead you'd
need 2000 kbps of bandwidth at least.

FLAC = 1000 kbps, 1500 kbps of bandwidth will do.

There's no reason to stream WAV though.  You won't
gain any quality, it doesn't support tags and it
uses more hard drive space and bandwidth.

There's a good network test plugin here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18149.
  If you can manage 2000 kbps at 100%, you will
have no problems with WAVs, but you'll only need
1500 kbps for FLAC.

joek wrote:
> Thanks for the replies and sorry for the confusion.
>
> I am currently running two wireless SB3’s
playing MP3’s
> (VBR highest quality setting) and have not
experienced any network
> drops or skips in the audio. I feel confident my
network, server and SB
> can easily manage these MP3 streams. I just wanted
to make sure my
> environment (server, network, SB) as a whole can
handle the most
> extreme cases when streaming audio.
>
> Based on Mark’s reply, wav audio format is
probably the most
> demanding on the network (and possibly server),
since it is streaming
> at 1440 Kbps. Good starting point for me to run some
wav streams

--

  Mark Lanctot