Kevin O. Lepard wrote:
The Edirol self-powered speakers have been spoken of favorably here.

Kevin

I like mine. However, I don't think they're intended/marketed as "computer speakers", but rather as "musician monitors that can incidentally be hooked to a computer, squeezebox, or whatever".

I agree. I've thought about getting a pair several times and their web page definitely fits that description.

I agree with the OP that the ones intended for making games go boom and emails go ding are not very good for music. Just tried it out with my computer's kenwood speakers, in fact, sounds nasty even though they sound okay when playing files from the soundcard.

But I presume the Edirol's sound decent hooked both to the Squeezebox and the computer?

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard

Happiness is being 100% Microsoft free.