In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kevin Weller wrote:
> I guess my question boils down to: which is the more efficient of
> resources and which is likely to have the greatest throughput - the
> Buffalo Linkstation or the external PCMCIA/USB2 HDD?

Well, I did it anyway just to see and it took a while to set up!

My initial reaction is the USB disk is better. I've just transferred
the data (77Gb) and SlimServer is currently rescanning (10.4k tracks).
This is the first time I can remember a Squeezebox continuing to play
while a SlimServer 'clear library and rescan everything' is running, it
generally stops very quickly.

Early days of course but it's a good start.

Kevin