On 9-Feb-06, at 8:43 PM, Mark Lanctot wrote:

stoobie-doo Wrote:
I don't mean to thread-jack, but I just discovered this thread as I
start re-ripping my CDs to FLAC (most are currently in 128 or 160
AAC).

I am currently using a Belkin Pre-N router in my config; SB3 usually
shows about 60-65% signal strength, and SlimServer reports via Windows
connect speed usually at 24-36 MBps; signal strength ~-75-79db.

What should I have in my file format screen of SlimServer for FLAC and
AAC? Right now everything is checked and I am not sure now what that
means and whether FLAC is streaming as FLAC and whether I can get
uncompressed music without dropouts in my config.

With the default selections, FLAC gets sent as FLAC.  I don't know much
about AAC, but SlimServer's default settings ensure that if it cannot be
decoded natively by the player, it gets transcoded to an equivalent,

actually, it is transcoded to the preferred format for the player:

SB2/3: Flac
SB1: Wav/Aiff
SliMP3: MP3

If you have bitrate limiting set for a given player, then it will be forced to mp3 format at that bitrate, unless the file is already mp3 of a lower bitrate.
-k