I was having a similar problem with latest production Slimserver so I
upgraded to the stable beta (6.2.2 - 6200 for Windows XP)with no
positive effect.

Setting prefixes and postfixes didn't seem to help.

My exact problem was that playlists would show up but with nothing in
them.  I'm using a NAS and I could see my songs because slimserver was
pointed to \\MYNAS\Public\Our Music.

I think slimserver was able to parse my iTunes XML file.  But, that XML
file had my playlists and songs . . with references made to my NAS drive
by letter (X:).  So, Slimserver couldn't find the entries in the
playlist.

What I did:

I exited iTunes and renamed my iTunes directory to be old_iTunes to
save old files.  I restarted iTunes and had it rescan my files.  But,
instead of using a drive letter, I had iTunes point to
"\\MYNAS\Public\Our Music" so that all of the references in the iTunes
XML file would be to \\MYNAS instead of X:.  I could have justed used
an editor to change all occurences in the XML file but I didn't want to
have to deal with UNIX versus Windows EOL junk as I didn't have a decent
editor handy.

Anyway, my playlists are fine now.

-Jack

--