Did you connect to SqueezeNetwork?  Firmware can also
be pushed through that way as well.

Very strange.

Now in regards to hacking:

1.  Hacking SlimServer: pointless.  It's open source.
What would be the point?  Someone would notice it
right away and fixing it would be easy.

2.  Firmware: this is closed and very hard to work
with.  There are only a very few people at Slim who
can modify it.  It's machine-level code compiled for a
RISC processor.  This isn't the sort of stuff script
kiddies can understand or get into.

I have no doubt that Slim maintains network security
on the same level as other device manufacturers
offering downloads.  It's as safe as any of them, I
guess.

Slim could possibly start publishing MD5 checksums to
verify that the download is the same as at the source.

--- cvj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>