kdf Wrote:

> that would be because it was only partly correct.  The db is checked,
>
> and will use the info there to grab teh file.  If not found, it will
> look for artwork and place a found file path into the db.
>
> browse by artwork page is a bit different, since grabbing from the db
>
> so many times can hammer the server a bit too much.those are grabbed
> only during scan, and artwork not found in the db is simply given a
> blank cover.
> -k

But that's my point.

The first track for the album when used in the image url path reutrns
the 'blank cover' picture.

eg /music/<track_1_id>/thumb.jpg

All the other tracks for the album used in that url return the correct
cover image.

The 'artwork_path' column is set to the id of the first track_id for
that album.

However, going through the web interface and browsing through artist /
album to view tracks (*not* browsing by coverart) shows the correct
album image.

So I can conclude that :

1. The 'album' / 'artwork_path' column for the first track is incorrect
(for this problem)

2. SlimServer is pulling the coverart image from somewhere other than
the first track ID / track-artwork_path when you navigate to the URL
via the web interface.

It's not like I could check if the image returned is incorrect and then
use the image from track 2 (as an image is always returned - albeit the
'no cover image'). If I could 'guess' how slimserver is getting the
artwork then I could fix this for my plugin.

Really frustrating !

--
catdna