JohnQuirk Wrote:
> I like the suggestion that downmixing them all to mono and re-encoding
> is the "lazy" way. Sounds far too much like hard work to me. Was it
> worth it?It's hard the first time, then lazy every time thereafter. :-)

Worth it?  Well, it achieved what I was aiming for, which was each disc
being played from a different point in space, so I do get to listen to
the whole thing.

OTOH it completely sidesteps the requirement which was arguably the
original intention of the piece: having a group of friends around for a
bizarre listening party.  I feel like I've turned to the last page of a
novel to read the ending without experiencing the journey...

And TBH it's not an album I tend to listen to very often -- it's
certainly not as accessible as their "proper" albums.  Still, it's nice
to get these things working.

--
smst