Pale Blue Ego Wrote:
> Would it be possible to consider .dts as a separate filetype, then have
> an option to enable or disable DTS playback for each player?  That
> would seem to be the most elegant solution.
I've thought about this before; an alternative solution might be to
standardise on a FLAC tag indicating the presence of digital (not just
DTS) data, which could be used to disable analogue outputs (and perhaps
have other effects).  This would require support in the firmware,
however.

And the harder bit: deciding on the name of the tag!  Currently I use
SPDIF_ONLY with a value of, say "DTS" (with the intention that any
non-null value means "this is digital").  But I don't actually do
anything with that tag. :-)

--
smst