On the left and right of the dispay, I see a colomn of dimmed dots. [One
or two vertical lines of dots - w] They seem to flicker somewhat, and
only disappear if that vertical line is used to display text.

I tried other walloutlets (also on another fuse), tried it without
other cables and did upgrade to the latest firmware and slimserver
(Mac). That did not matter.... Is my SB defective? Or is this a known
feature?

Though the SB is a great product, and I'm willing to accept some loose
ends, the price is too high to gladly step over this problem. After
all, having such a high quality display is one of the sellingpoints of
the SB.

--
WernerT